Tail for Win32 is the Windows version of the UNIX ‘tail -f’ command.
- Watch multiple files in realtime
- Detect keyword matches, and highlight occurences
- Send mail notifications on keyword matches by SMTP or MAPI
- Plugin architecture allows you to write specialised handlers
- Can process files of any size on all types of drive (local or networked)
Tail for Win32 can be used to monitor changes to files; displaying the changed lines in realtime. This makes Tail ideal for watching log files. Tail has a plugin architecture, which allows notifications to occur when certain keywords are detected in monitored files. At the moment a MAPI plugin is available, and work is in progress on an SMTP version.
Download Tail for Win32 at the SourceForge project page.