These instructions on how to capture a screenshot on your Droid X (or Droid or Droid 2, and maybe other Android phones too. . . ) with the Android SDK aren't original, but they are customized a little for the way I did it.
- Download and install the Java SDK appropriate for your OS.
- Download the Android SDK and unzip it to a convenient location.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Droid (Home, Settings, Applications, Development, check USB Debugging).
- Connect your Droid to your PC via USB cable.
- Open the Android SDK folder and browse to “tools” and run the “ddms.bat” file.
- Navigate to the screen you want to capture on your Droid.
- In DDMS select Device, Screen Capture.
- DDMS will capture the screen & display it. You can then save and capture as many screens as you'd like.
Want to remove unwanted crapware from your Droid? See How To Remove City ID (and other crapware like Blockbuster, Skype and VZ Navigator) From Droid X (and other Android phones) for detailed instructions.