Migrate Web applications between IIS 6.0 and IIS 7.0 with easeSimplify the planning of your IIS 6.0 to IIS 7.0 migrations by determining incompatibilities and previewing the proposed changes before starting the process. Learning about any potential issues in advance gives you the chance to take corrective measures and simplifies migration.
Synchronize your server farm efficientlyThe Web Deployment Tool allows you to efficiently synchronize sites, applications or servers across your IIS 7.0 server farm by detecting differences between the source and destination content and transferring only those changes which need synchronization. The tool simplifies the synchronization process by automatically determining the configuration, content and certificates to be synchronized for a specific site. In addition to the default behavior, you still have the option to specify additional providers for the synchronization, including databases, COM objects, GAC assemblies and registry settings.
Package, archive and deploy Web applications more easilyThe Web Deployment Tool enables you to package configuration and content of your installed Web applications, including databases, and use the packages for storage or redeployment. These packages can be deployed using IIS Manager without requiring administrative privileges. The tool integrates with Visual Studio 2010 to help developers streamline the deployment of Web applications to the Web server. The tool also integrates with the Web Platform Installer to allow you to simply and easily install community web applications. You can submit your own application to the Web Application Gallery - learn how.
- Seamless integration with IIS 7.0 Manager and Visual Studio 2010 interface for creating packages and deploying them onto a machine, both locally and remotely.
- Seamless integration with the Web Platform Installer to install community web applications simply and easily.
- Web application packaging:
- Ability to package a Web application or an entire site, including the associated databases.
- Ability to package ACLs, COM, GAC and registry settings.
- Supports both live servers and zipped packages as a source or destination.
- Web application deployment:
- Administrative privileges are not required in order to deploy Web applications.
- Ability to add powerful parameters to change text in files when they are deployed (such as prompting to replace a connection string when deploying from QA to staging environments).
- Integration with the IIS 7.0 Web Management Service (WMSVC) for remote deployment by non-administrators.
- Server administrators have granular control over the operations that can be performed and can delegate tasks to non-administrators.
- Web server migration and synchronization:
- Ability to synchronize or migrate the entire Web server, a Web site or application.
- Synchronizes only the data that has changed.
- Ability to detect missing dependencies during synchronization.
- Automatically gathers content, IIS configuration, SSL certificates and ASP.NET configuration when you sync a Web site.
- In addition to the IIS Manager and Visual Studio 10, tasks can be performed using the command-line, PowerShell cmdlets or public APIs.
Guide to installing the Web Deployment Tool.
Download x86 / 64.
Thanks to iis.net for this info.